You will love how simple this impressive looking chocolate tart is to make! It only takes about 15 minutes of hands on work! The rest of the work is done in the oven or the fridge. That’s a win in my book!
As a self proclaimed chocoholic, this chocolate tart is a dream come true. The filling consists of a decadent, fudgy ganache that is to die for. The addition of raspberries on top balances the richness of the filling perfectly! If raspberries aren’t your cup of tea, that’s totally okay. This tart is so easily customizable to your preferences. And hey, if you’re a purist, leave it as is! I won’t judge you. The buttery graham cracker crust and chocolate ganache are perfect on their own!
Some of my favorite variations:
- S’more – Top with mini marshmallows and use a kitchen torch to melt them.
- Berry – Top with any berry you prefer. Strawberries or black berries would work well here!
- Extra Raspberry – Spread a layer of quality raspberry preserves onto the crust before adding the ganache.
- Salted Caramel – Add a layer of salted caramel onto the crust before adding the ganache. Then, top the tart with flaky sea salt
Ingredient Line Up
Six simple ingredients are required to make this chocolate tart!
- Bittersweet Chocolate – Do not skimp on your chocolate! Use quality chocolate since it is the focal point of the tart. Use a 60% cocoa chocolate. Do not use chocolate chips or melts.
- Heavy cream – Warm cream will melt the chocolate for your ganache.
- Pure vanilla extract – To flavor the tart filling.
- Crushed graham crackers – This is the base of the tart crust! I crushed mine with a rolling pin.
- Melted butter – This will bind the tart crust.
- Granulated sugar – Adds sweetness to the crust.
How to Make Chocolate Tart
Graham Cracker Crust
This crust is so simple to make! You just stir the crushed graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar together until crumbly.
The crust will come together when you press it into your greased tart pan! Press the sides in first, then use the flat end of a measuring cup to press the bottom of your crust. This crust also pairs well with my banana cream pie recipe!
To make the ganache you just chop up some quality chocolate and pour some warm heavy cream over it.
Then cover the mixture for about three minutes. This will trap the heat and melt your chocolate. After three minutes, stir until combined. Voila! Chocolate ganache! Then, stir some pure vanilla extract into the ganache for some added flavor. And because we are fancy!
Assembling your Chocolate Tart
Pour the ganache onto the cooled crust and refrigerate until set. This takes about an hour.
Add your desired topping, and that’s it! Your tart is ready to enjoy!
Chocolate Tart with Graham Cracker Crust
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Raspberries for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9" tart pan.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, and graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients become crumbly.
- Press the crust into the tart pan and bake about 6-7 minutes.
- While crust cools, make the chocolate ganache. Warm heavy cream in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let it simmer a few minutes, but do not let it boil!
- Pour the warm cream over the chopped chocolate and cover for about three minutes.
- Stir the now melted chocolate and cream together until well combined. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the ganache into the cooled crust.
- Let the tart cool completely, about 1 hour in the fridge.
- Top with raspberries if desired.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!
- Classic Apple Pie
- Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
- Strawberry Shortcake Bundt Cakes
- Cookie Dough Dip