These s’more cookie bars are everything you could ever want in a dessert. You will love ooey gooey marshmallows, decadent chocolate drizzle, and chocolate chip graham cracker cookie base. These irresistible flavors combine to make addicting bars!
I am a huge fan of s’more flavored anything. Unfortunately, I don’t often find myself roasting marshmallows around a fire… These bars provide all of the classic s’more flavors with no fire necessary. Not to mention no campfire smell you can never seem to get rid of!
I developed this recipe based off of my basic chocolate chip cookie recipe. To the base recipe I added crushed graham crackers and chopped graham crackers. Then I toasted some marshmallows on top and finished them with a chocolate drizzle. Et voila! S’more cookie bars!
Ingredient Line Up
- Unsalted, room temperature butter – Your butter is the perfect temperature when you can easily press an indention into it with your finger with a bit of pressure.
- Brown sugar – Make sure your sugar is packed well into your measuring cup!
- Pure vanilla extract
- Large, room temperature eggs – If you need to bring your eggs to room temperature quickly, put them in a bowl of warm (not hot) water for 5-10 minutes.
- Unbleached, all purpose flour – Spoon and level your flour.
- Baking soda
- Graham crackers – This recipe uses both crushed and chopped graham crackers. To crush your graham crackers, place them into a zip lock bag and roll them with a rolling pin. No mess!
- Chocolate chips – These are incorporated into the cookie dough and the chocolate drizzle.
- Mini marshmallows
- Coconut oil – This is optional, but I highly recommend it any time you are melting chocolate! Adding coconut oil to your melted chocolate chips will help the chocolate harden like a shell.
How to Make S’more Cookie Bars
This recipe starts off like a typical chocolate chip cookie recipe. After the dough is prepared, press it into a 9 x 13 inch pan. I lined mine with parchment paper for easy removal! Bake the cookie bars about 12-13 minutes.
After the bars have baked a bit, spread a thin layer of marshmallows on top of the bars. Try to not let them overlap much. Bake them an additional 8-10 minutes.
If your marshmallows don’t have a nice golden layer on top, broil them for about 2 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
Let the bars cool, and then add a chocolate drizzle on top! Yes there are chocolate chips already in the batter.. No I do not believe you can have too much chocolate in a s’more!
Let the chocolate harden, and then cut them into squares! I eat them as is, but if you are like my husband, you might want to nuke yours in the microwave a few seconds so the marshmallows get melty again. S’more cookie bars for the win!
S’more Cookie Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup crushed graham crackers about 4 sheets
- 1/2 cup chopped graham crackers about 2 sheets
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips divided
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp coconut oil optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and crushed graham crackers.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and brown sugar together on medium high until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to medium and add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in vanilla.
- Turn mixer to low and slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the chopped graham crackers and 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake the bars 12-13 minutes. Remove them from the oven, and add about 2 cups of marshmallows to create a thin layer of marshmallows over the bars.
- Bake an additional 8-10 minutes. If the marshmallows aren’t golden brown at the end of the bake time, broil them about 2 minutes. Watch them closely!
- Remove the bars from the oven. Make the chocolate drizzle by melting 1/2 cup chocolate chips and 1 tsp coconut oil together. If melting them in the microwave, microwave them in 20 second increments stirring between each one.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the bars with a spoon.
- Allow the bars to cool completely before cutting.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!
- Fudgy Brownies
- Classic Apple Pie
- Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies
- Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
- Strawberry Shortcake Bundt Cakes