This glazed cinnamon biscotti recipe is easy to make and pairs perfectly with coffee and tea. You will love the crunchy exterior and the warm, cinnamon flavor. The glaze on top makes this biscotti extra special! It’s the perfect addition to brunch, tea parties, or a lazy Saturday morning!
Ingredient Line Up
Biscotti consists of basic ingredients that you likely already have on hand!
- Unbleached, all purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- Confectioners sugar
How to Make Glazed Cinnamon Biscotti
Biscotti is a twice baked, crunchy cookie. There is no chilling, rolling dough balls, or multiple batches involved! Therefore, the cooking process is much easier than other cookies!
Biscotti starts out as a basic cookie dough. First, you will prepare your dough. After that, form the dough into two rectangles on a lightly floured baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Next, partially bake the rectangles.
Once the dough is partially baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool slightly. Then, slice the dough into 1” biscotti shaped pieces using a serrated knife.
Finally, bake each side of the biscotti at a lower oven temperature for about 15 minutes, 30 minutes total. I like my biscotti to be a bit softer than the store bought kind so I do not cook it as long. If you want it softer or crunchier, then you can alter the bake time to your preferences!
Glazed Cinnamon Biscotti
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- pinch cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together on medium high until light and fluffy – about two minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time, incorporating fully after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the dry ingredients. Be careful to not over mix!
- Lightly flour the lined baking sheet.
- Divide the dough in half on the floured baking sheet and form each into a rectangular shape about 1/2” tall. If the dough is too sticky to work with, add a sprinkle of flour.
- Bake the dough rectangles about 25 minutes. Remove them from the oven and let them cool about 5 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 275°F.
- Transfer each rectangle to a cutting board and slice into 1” biscotti shaped pieces using a large, serrated knife.
- Place the biscotti back onto the baking sheet. Bake each side about 15 minutes, 30 minutes total.
- Let the biscotti cool on the baking sheet.
- Whisk the glaze ingredients together.
- Drizzle the glaze over the biscotti.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!