Cookie dough pretzel bites are the perfect dessert for hosting! You will love the balance of sweet and salty. They are the perfect bite sized treat for parties because they are so easy to pop. And who doesn’t love cookie dough? These bites are quick to make, come together easily, and don’t require bake time.
Are you one of those people who believe the best cookie is an unbaked cookie? Then this is the perfect dessert for you! This cookie dough is eggless, which makes it safe to eat raw. Therefore, there’s no more self control needed…feel free to eat the dough straight out of the bowl!
These cookie dough pretzel bites and my no bake peanut butter pretzel bars are my go to treats for girls’ nights, work luncheons, and movie nights in because of their simplicity and addictive taste!
Ingredient Line Up
- Unbleached, all purpose flour
- Salt – To flavor the dough and to sprinkle the tops of the bites!
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Sugars- Granulated and brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips – I like to use mini chips for this recipe since the dough balls are so small.
- Chopped semi sweet chocolate – This is used to dip the bites into. You can also use melted chocolate chips!
- Pretzels – Any size will work. You will need to adjust your dough ball size depending on the shape and size pretzel.
- Coconut oil – This is optional, but I highly recommend it! Adding coconut oil to your melted chocolate chips will help the chocolate harden like a shell.
How to Make Cookie Dough Bites
First, you will make an eggless cookie dough. Start by creaming butter and sugars together, then adding a bit of milk and vanilla extract. Next, slowly add in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips.
Line a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat with about 20 pretzels.
Once the cookie dough is made, roll it into dough balls, about 1 tbsp in each. Place the dough between two pretzels and freeze about 20 minutes to solidify.
Dunk the bites into melted chocolate. Then top them with coarse salt, such as sea salt, if desired.
Cookie Dough Pretzel Bites
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips (or 8oz chopped chocolate)
- 40 pretzels
- 1 tsp coconut oil optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars together on high until light and fluffy.
- Add in the milk and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Turn the mixer to medium and add the flour and salt. If your dough is too dry, add in another tablespoon of milk.
- Turn the mixer off and fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into small balls (about 1tbsp each), and place each dough ball between two pretzels like a sandwich.
- Place the dough stuffed pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze about 10-20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, melt the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips with the coconut oil. You can microwave the chocolate in 30 second increments, stirring well between each.
- Dunk half of each dough bite into the melted chocolate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired.
- Let the chocolate harden. You can speed this up by popping them into the fridge.
- Serve the dough bites chilled.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!