These no bake peanut butter pretzel bars are no bake and full of crunchy goodness. You will love the pairing of sweet and salty!
No bake desserts are my go to any time I have an event. They take some stress out of the preparations! I love to make these bars anytime I am hosting or need something to bring to an event or party. Everyone loves them, and they require few ingredients I typically have on hand. I typically make these bars and my no bake cookie dough pretzel bites for parties I’m hosting!
These peanut butter pretzel bars were created for the chocolate peanut butter lover in my life, my husband! He is also a texture lover, so I made sure to add lots of crunchy elements to the bars. Chopped pretzels and peanuts add saltiness to balance the sweetness as well as crunch!
Ingredient Line Up
- Unsalted butter, melted – This will bind our pretzel layer together.
- Confectioners sugar – To sweeten our pretzel layer.
- Crushed pretzels – You can crush them with a food processor or by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling with a rolling pin.
- Peanut butter – You can use crunchy or creamy! I like to use crunchy in the pretzel mixture for even more texture and creamy in the chocolate mixture.
- Chocolate chips
- Chopped peanuts, optional
Tips for No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bar Success
These bars are so simple to make! However, there are a few things that will make them even easier…
- Line the pan with parchment paper hanging over the sides of the pan to ensure the bars come out easily and do not stick!
- Use a very sharp knife to cut the bars after they chill. Clean off the knife with warm water after each cut for super clean cuts.
- I recommend crushing the pretzels by placing them in a plastic bag and rolling them with a rolling pin. You can also use a food processor, but I prefer to have larger chunks of pretzels!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter divided
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped peanuts optional
- Line a 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper or foil. Use a square dish for thicker bars and a 9×13 for thinner bars.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crushed pretzels, confectioners sugar, melted butter, and 1 cup of the peanut butter.
- Press the pretzel mixture into the lined baking dish.
- Melt the chocolate chips and remaining 1/4 cup of peanut butter together. Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the pretzel mixture.
- Sprinkle the top of the bars with chopped peanuts if desired.
- Chill the bars for about an hour in the refrigerator. After chilling, cut into squares.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!