These no bake peanut butter balls have a light and fluffy center and a rich chocolate coating. They are the perfect baking project for kids and don’t require oven time!
Is there a better flavor combination than peanut butter and chocolate? It’s a classic for good reason! With only six required ingredients and just a few minutes of prep time, these peanut butter balls couldn’t be easier.
However, I’m warning you now…peanut butter balls are highly addictive.. They won’t last long! And you might end up with some puppy dog eyes begging to try!
How to make No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
Peanut butter balls come together with just 10 minutes of hands on work! There are just a few easy steps to follow.
- Beat the peanut butter filling ingredients together.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into balls and freeze them.
- While the balls are freezing, melt the chocolate.
- Roll the balls in the chocolate and pop them in the fridge to harden the chocolate.
Peanut Butter Ball Ingredient Line Up
- Peanut butter – Use regular peanut butter. Since natural peanut butter contains a lot of oils, it will mess with the consistency.
- Unsalted butter
- Confectioners sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped peanuts – These are optional, but they add a great texture!
- Chocolate – Use chocolate chips or chopped chocolate. I use semi sweet, but feel free to use your favorite kind!
- Coconut oil – This is optional, but I highly recommend using it since it helps the chocolate coating harden like a shell.
Tips for Success
- A dipping tool takes the mess out of coating the balls in chocolate! If you do not own one, simply place a ball on a fork. Then, dip it into the chocolate. Scrape off the excess chocolate using the side of the bowl. Then use a toothpick to gently slide the ball off of the fork.
- Try using crunchy peanut butter for extra texture!
- Store the peanut butter balls in the refrigerator and serve them chilled. Otherwise, the chocolate may begin to melt.
No Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts optional
- 2 cups chocolate chips (or 12 oz chopped chocolate)
- 1 tsp coconut oil optional
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the peanut butter and butter together on medium high speed until combined – about 2 minutes.
- Add in the confectioners sugar on low speed until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and salt and beat on high until fluffy – about 1 minute.
- Fold in the chopped peanuts if using.
- Roll the peanut butter mixture into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Freeze the peanut butter balls until solid – about 20 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in 30 second increments. Stir well in between each interval.
- Dip the frozen balls into the chocolate to coat them. Decorate them with sprinkles or chopped peanuts if desired.
- Place the balls into the fridge until the chocolate is hardened – about 20 minutes. Serve peanut butter balls chilled.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
More No Bake Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!
4 thoughts on “No Bake Peanut Butter Balls”
They look awesome.. love to try them
Looks delish! and that puppy is so cute!
Thank you! Yes he’s my sweet little beggar! The puppy eyes kill me.