Strawberry shortcake bundt cakes are an adorable spin on a classic summer time treat! This recipe is made with a cream cheese pound cake that is moist with a light crumb. It pairs perfectly with fluffy homemade whipped cream and macerated berries.
Cream cheese pound cake is a very simple cake that’s full of flavor. I usually make it in a full size bundt pan, but I prefer single serving cakes for strawberry shortcake!
My mini bundt pan creates the most adorable little cakes that are perfect for serving company. I also love to use it to make mini lemon bundt cakes! If you don’t have a mini bundt pan, then you can double this recipe for a full size bundt pan or bake in a loaf pan!
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Bundt Cakes
This is a truly quick and easy recipe that breaks down into simple steps.
- Make the cake
- While the cake bakes, make whipped cream and macerated strawberries
- After the cakes cool, cut them in half with a serrated knife
- Add whipped cream and berries to the bottom layer, then top with the top layer
Ingredient Line Up
This recipe consists of easy to find, staple baking ingredients.
- Cream cheese, softened – Use the block style cream cheese. You will need half of one 8oz block.
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Granulated sugar
- Large eggs, room temperature
- Pure vanilla extract
- Cake flour – Cake flour produces a lighter crumb. If you don’t have cake flour, you can substitute by sifting 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour and 1/4 cup cornstarch together.
- Heavy cream
- Confectioners sugar
- Strawberries – Use fresh berries here! Frozen will not produce the same results.
Strawberry Shortcake Bundt Cakes
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
Cream Cheese Bundt Cakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease your desired pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and cream cheese on high until combined – about 1 minute.
- Add in the granulated sugar, and beat until light and fluffy – about 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer down to medium and add eggs one at a time, incorporating fully after each addition. Add in vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, add in the cake flour and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake. If using a mini bundt pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cakes bake, add the heavy cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on high until soft peaks form – about 3 minutes.
- Add in the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on high for 2 more minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Chop strawberries and place into a small bowl.
- Stir in granulated sugar and let the strawberries sit for 30 minutes.
- Slice mini bundt cakes in half horizontally.
- Spread whipped cream onto the bottom layer and top with strawberries.
- Put the top layer back on and top with additional whipped cream or berries if desired.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!