Meet the easiest cookies you will ever make! Funfetti cake batter cookies take less than five minutes of prep time and only call for six ingredients. You will love the nostalgic cake batter taste and the soft centers of these cookies!
I am typically a strictly homemade only, no shortcuts kind of baker. However, I realize there are times when we need simple shortcut recipes like this one! This recipe is perfect for baking with little ones or when you want a fun, colorful treat to serve.
I am a die hard funfetti/sprinkle fan. It makes any treat feel like a special celebration! These cookies and my funfetti shortbread cookies are great for holidays, just switch up the sprinkle colors.
The best way I can describe the flavor of these cookies is comparing them to birthday cake ice cream. They are the taste of cake with the consistency of a soft cookie. Naturally, these are cakey cookies (duh)! The additions to the cake mix ensure a moist cookie that rises well.
Ingredient Line Up
- White cake mix – You can, of course, use a funfetti mix and forgo the sprinkles. Personally, I like to use a white mix and change up the color of the sprinkles!
- Baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Large eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
Tips for Funfetti Cake Batter Cookie Success
These cookies truly are easy as can be. However, here’s a few tips for cookie baking success:
- Fold in your sprinkles very gently so they don’t bleed into your batter. If you are using nonpareils (the little ball shaped sprinkles), then be extra careful as they can easily dye your cookies!
- Use room temperature baking sheets. Never place cookie dough balls on a warm or hot baking sheet so that the baking process doesn’t start before putting them in the oven.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper or a non stick silicon baking mat in order to prevent sticking. I use a Silpat mat every time! In addition to its non stick power, it also makes clean up a breeze.
- Use an oven thermometer! I have baked with many ovens in my life, and not one of them has ever been the exact temperature it’s set at. Therefore, an oven thermometer is my cookie baking friend. They are affordable and will help you make sure all of your cookie bakes turn out.
- Use a cookie dough scoop so that your cookies are about the same size. This will help make sure that the cookies are done at the same time.
Funfetti Cake Batter Cookies
- 1 white or funfetti cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and oil together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Gently fold in the sprinkles.
- Roll the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet three inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the pan a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!