Zucchini bread is the best way to use up all of summer’s favorite vegetable! This bread is extremely moist and full of warm spices. It is the perfect summer bake for fall lovers like myself. It uses in season produce, but has flavors of fall incorporated. It’s a win-win! I love to enjoy this bread with a cup of tea during a summer storm. Perfection!
Admittedly, I was hesitant to try zucchini bread for a long time. When it came to summer quick bread, I stuck to lemon blueberry. Even though I LOVE zucchini, I thought it didn’t belong in baked goods. Once my garden started producing more zucchini than I could handle, I figured it was time to give it a try. And wow was I missing out! The zucchini creates a super moist loaf and adds a light, unique flavor. Take my word, and give it a try!
Ingredient Line Up
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Spices – ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and allspice
- Vegetable oil
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Grated zucchini
- Optional ad ins – Chocolate chips, nuts, and raisins are perfect additions to this bread!
Tips for Zucchini Bread Success
This quick bread couldn’t be easier to make. Simply whisk the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together separately, then combine them and bake. However, there are a few things that will ensure your loaf comes out the best it can be!
- Shred your zucchini with a box grater, and gently blot some of the moisture. Do not squeeze out the moisture, or your bread won’t be as moist!
- Make sure your loaf pan is greased well. If I’m using one of my older loaf pans, I line it with parchment paper just to be sure it will not stick!
- Do not over mix the batter at any point. This bread is extremely moist, but it will turn out dry and dense if over mixed.
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated or shredded zucchini
- 1 cup ad ins (chocolate chips, raisins, nuts, etc) optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, and any desired ad ins.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, both sugars, egg, and vanilla.
- Fold the zucchini into the wet ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold together. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top of the loaf starts to heavily brown during the baking process, lightly tent with foil.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes. Gently remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!