Fall is the kickoff to the holiday baking season, and I couldn’t wait to ring in this year’s season with apple cinnamon blondies! These blondies have received a fall makeover that you will swoon over. You will love the simple ingredients and how easily this recipe comes together in one bowl!
I know that most think of pumpkin spice when they think of fall, but to me, apple season is the first sign that fall is here. Though I love a nice PSL as much as the next girl, there’s something special about warm apple treats that keep me coming back. These apple cinnamon blondies are made from my classic blondie batter. The addition of apples and warm spices dresses them up nicely for fall. Perfect for company or eat the whole batch yourself. I won’t judge.
Ingredient Line Up
These blondies truly couldn’t be simpler. They are made from staple pantry ingredients that you likely already have!
- Unsalted butter – Melted and slightly cooled so that your eggs don’t scramble.
- Granulated sugar
- Brown sugar – Light or dark will work. However, I almost always use dark brown sugar for a stronger molasses taste.
- Large eggs
- Pure vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Spices – ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground ginger
Tips for Apple Cinnamon Blondie Success
- I highly recommend Granny Smith apples for this recipe! They are firm so they don’t turn too mushy after baking. Also, their tartness balances out the sweetness of the blondies!
- Your melted butter needs to slightly cool. Otherwise, your eggs might scramble.
- Dice your apples into uniform size, about an inch so they bake evenly. If they are larger, then they won’t bake through. If they are smaller, then they will be over baked. Thus, an inch is perfect!
- Use parchment paper to line your baking pan for easy clean up and release!
- Use a 9″ square pan for 1 1/2″ blondies. If you want them thicker, then bake them in an 8″ square pan and increase the bake time.
- Feeling indulgent? Top with maple frosting or salted caramel!
Apple Cinnamon Blondies
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 apples peeled, cored, and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×9″ baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk melted butter and both sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add in eggs, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg to the bowl and fold in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
- Fold in the diced apples and transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan about 20 minutes before using the parchment paper to remove them.
Want more fall flavors? Try my Cinnamon Streusel Spice Cake, my favorite birthday cake!
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!