Banana oat muffins are the perfect, one bowl banana muffin recipe. You will love the texture, flavors, and simplicity of this recipe. It’s made from staple pantry ingredients and is ready in 30 minutes or less. That’s a win for me!
I am so excited to bring you another staple muffin recipe. Like the others on my blog, these muffins aren’t overly sweet, making them great for breakfast! If you prefer a sweet, dessert like muffin, then I recommend adding more sugar. My personal preference is a bread like muffin that goes great with coffee, so that is what you’ll find here! This recipe is a great base for other add ins. Chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit are great options!
Ingredient Line Up
- Ripe bananas
- Large eggs
- Unsalted butter
- Pure vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Old fashioned oats – These are used in the batter and sprinkled on top before baking!
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon – This is optional, but I add it to all of my muffins for added warmth.
Tips for Making Banana Oat Muffins
- Baking the muffins at a very high temperature for the first five-ten minutes of bake time causes the muffins to have a huge rise. This will create large, gorgeous muffin tops!
- In most recipes, you fill cupcake or muffin tins 2/3 full. However, filling the muffin tins all the way will help create large muffin tops.
- Do not over mix the muffin batter at any point to prevent your muffins from becoming extremely dense and dry.
- Use a cookie scoop to help put the batter into the muffin tin. If you are like me and despise messy baking, then a cookie scoop will help ensure the batter ends up in the liners and not all over the pan.
- If using muffin tin liners, then lightly spray them with a bit of nonstick spray to prevent your muffins from sticking to the wrapper.
Banana Oat Muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425°F and grease a muffin tin or line with liners.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, melted butter, and both sugars. Whisk to combine.
- Add in the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold gently with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon to combine.
- Distribute batter to a muffin tin and bake for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, lower the temperature to 350°F and bake an additional 10-12 minutes.
- Let muffins cool in the tin about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Want More Muffins?
Note: this page may contain Amazon Affiliate links that earn me a small commission, at no additional cost to you. I only show products I personally use and trust in my kitchen.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know!
Tag @icingonthebakeblog on Instagram or leave a comment below!